WRAPAROUND INTENSIVE SERVICES (WISe)
WISe is a service for individuals up to 21 years of age with complex behavioral health needs that would benefit from a higher level of care or is at risk of out of home placement. This program uses a team approach to provide intensive mental health services to support youth and their family to meet their goals. Team members include natural supports (such as family, friends, and religious leaders) and the professionals who work with the family (such as counselors, schools, CPS, and probation officers). The focus of WISe is:
- To provide intensive mental health services designed to assist children, youth, and their families in achieving wellness, safety, and to strengthen relationships within their community.
- To develop an individualized care plan, based on strengths and needs that respect their family culture, norms, and preferences.
- To offer services and supports in locations and at times that work best for children, youth, and families (including at home or a public location of choice, and on evenings or weekends).
- To identify or provide resources and supports for children, youth, and their families.
- To provide help during a time of crisis.To provide a CANS (Children Adolescent Needs & Strength) assessment that summarizes important areas related to the child/youth needs — in school, at work, at home, and in relationships with friends and others. The CANS also captures information on the strengths of the child/youth and of the caregivers.
This program requires a time commitment from the youth and family of at least 10.5 hours per month. To learn more about WISe, visit the Washington State Health Care Authority.
For more information or to enroll in WISe services, please contact us at 206.525.5050 or email@example.com. You can access the referral form here. Please note we are only able to accept referrals from King County.